Wednesday, May 2, 2012

No More Chilly Ipswich Nights...

Alas, the title of this entry does not mean Mortimer has come around.  It means that I walked over to my favorite junk, I mean consignment, shop at lunch today.  Don't let this pic fool you, this is just the small little entry part.  This store is actually more of a complex and comprised of 3 buildings filled with stuff.  The owner knows how to move junk, she turns her entire inventory at least once a month so I have to go back every week to make sure I don't miss anything that could translate into something for Evangeline's attic.


Here's what I found today for $4:

"what is that pile of crap and what does it have to do with Evangeline?" you might ask.  Well, it's a Turkish Coffee pot.  And there was one little piece of it that I needed to have.  I could not leave without it and the owner refused to sell me just the part I wanted so I had to take the whole thing.  I don't even know what the part is exactly, feel free to chime in if you do, but it's not a strainer because there are no holes in it.  Here's a pic of the precious piece:


and as soon as I saw it I knew it was the Evangeline-scale Victorian bedwarmer that I needed.  I think the little lady might be preparing for bed as I write this, let's take a peek:

good night all!

8 comments:

  1. OH DEREK!! It is PERFECT!!! I want an ATTIC come over here and help me !!!I am soo happy your doing a blog its Awesome ..did you post this on WI too? xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks D! we would have so much fun!

      Delete
    2. Anne-Sophie (Nano)May 3, 2012 at 2:51 AM

      Derek it's so great!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow that is so perfect! and to have a little shop around you is even better.. my goodness your mind must be spinning w/ ideas every time you enter Evangeline's world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost never leave the store without something for EG!

      Delete
  3. You always find amazing things. I want to go shopping with you now. Love it...Look at that bed, so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank, the bed I bought at Home Goods. It's a dog bed actually. I replaced the cheap dog mattress with high quality upholstery foam from Joann's. It made all the difference. I bought a few yards of white muslin and I sewed the sheets myself - I even made a fitted sheet that turned out pretty well! It was my first sewing project ever! I trimmed the sheets with some vintage lace I found in my grandmothers attic. It was a fun project!

      Delete
  4. Love it specially the bedwarmer, perfect wish I had a store like that I would live there. I have a copper full size antique bedwarmer just like that just wish I could shrink it ha ha

    ReplyDelete