Saturday, May 5, 2012

"Mortimer, would you please pass the salt, dahling?"

We cleaned out our closets last weekend and I found a box that I forgot I had that contained odds and ends that belonged to my grandmother.  I went through the box today and I found this little gem:

This is an antique salt cellar and pepper set.  It is perfect scale for Evangeline.  The little salt bowl is the perfect size tureen for her to serve soup to Mortimer on chilly Ipswich Nights and the spoon is her size as well.  (speaking of soup, I bought a vintage salesman sample stove/oven on Ebay the other day and when it comes in it will be the subject of a blog entry but that's a story for another day.)  So, tip for the day, salt cellars make perfect bowls and spoons for Evangeline.  Now, what about the pepper shaker and tray?  The pepper shaker has made it's way to the mantle in the library at Barkley Manor and I hear it houses the remains of one of Evangeline's Ancestors:


And Evangeline loves to bring tea up to the attic on her tray:


Tomorrow I am going to Lowe's with the plans for the Attic Round 2 so stay tuned for updates on that front!

2 comments:

  1. Yes,Yes..this is perfect too! gosh what an eye you have for the little details, isn't it wonderful that you found this!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful I also think the pepper pot looks a bit like a decanter or coctail shaker what treasures and a memory of your Grandmother she would like that

    ReplyDelete