Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Finished Attic

Construction of the attic has been finished!  Now for the fun part....decorating!  I'm the type that eats dessert first, and last, so let's go right for the panoramic view of the furnished attic:


If you click on the picture it should enlarge it to real size.  Now let's go on a tour of the attic!  First, Evangeline enters through the door:



She hangs her keys on a nail next to the door so she doesn't forget them:



Once she has safely locked herself in, she puts away her hat and her shoes:



Then she scopes the place out to make sure she's alone:


She takes some comfortable clothes out of her armoire:


and goes to her desk to write in her diary:

On top of her desk are some mini cloches I found at a store that specializes in "shabby chic" stuff.  I put a mini seahorse under one and a tiny handmade birds' nest under another.  The books on the desk are from Facet's by Marcia.  The bookend/bust is a doll head I spray painted with make-it-stone spray paint:


When she's done writing in her diary she might practice the violin:


and of course she remembers to feed Romeo and Juliet, her two blackbirds:


I have two different lighting options that I can change depending on whether Evangeline is feeling Gothic Glum:


or Gothic Glamour:

Both lights use battery operated tea-lights and so are easy to use.

Now that the attic has been built I can spend time doing what I like to do most which is figure out how to create miniature versions of things.  So, plenty more to come!


6 comments:

  1. OMG DEREK!!! LOVE LOVE it!! I wouldlove to come visit her attic and hang out in there!!! :) FABULOUS job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Fabulous Derek, You'll have fun for ever rearranging and creating. Gorgeous Home you've created for her. <3
    xoxoxo
    ~lalaz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne-Sophie (Nano)June 10, 2012 at 6:54 AM

    Derek, it's fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Derek, it was wonderful and exciting following you on this journey with now the completion of the attic! Great work, love all the subtle detail! Fantastic! Wish I was there too hanging with Evy in her attic with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Derek,

    Oooh! It's absolutely outstanding!!!!
    I am in awe! Beautiful work!
    I am about to embark on creating an environment for my dolls..after the house projects that is..!

    I love the curio/vitrine that you found or made?
    for her shoes!!! and her ceiling lights !
    Everything looks marvelous! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete